A Vocational Assistance Program
Welcome to The Rotary Network Blog
The Rotary Network connects Rotary and Rotaract members to resources to help them through the COVID-19 economic crisis and beyond. It provides vocational assistance to members in their businesses or jobs as a benefit of their membership.
Share Vocational Ideas or Stories
We welcome entries from Rotarians and other members of the Rotary family, including our partners, staff, supporters, and program alumni.
Send your story as a word document to RotaryNetwork@rotary.org. Along with your post, please submit any photos (with captions) or videos you would like to embed. Please ensure you have the rights to use submitted photos.
Blog posts should meet the following requirements:
- Keep it short. Posts should be 300 to 700 words and be about one topic or idea.
- Posts should be written for a wide audience and avoid jargon including Rotary jargon and acronyms or technical language. Write using conversational language to explain things clearly, and include specific examples to illustrate a point.
- Write in the first person “I’ voice and include personal observations and impressions. The best posts tell a story that will inspire other Rotary members to take similar action.
- Write for an online audience. Online attention spans are short, and readers scan a page more than they read word-by-word.
- Be direct. Most blog readers decide if an entry is worth reading in just a few seconds. State your main point in the beginning of your post and include supporting information in subsequent paragraphs.
- Include links to other sites, blogs, partner organizations.
- Consider incorporating mulitmedia features such as videos, images, and infographics to provide compelling and easily digestible content for readers. Include photos that show people taking action.
- Encourage reader interaction by providing a clear call to action, such as asking readers to post their thoughts in the comments section or to share the piece on social media with their networks.
Blog posts may be edited for clarity and brevity, and will be sent back to the submitter for review and approval.
Updates are implemented by staff at Rotary International headquarters in Evanston, Illinois, USA.
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.